Welcome

I am attempting to be the first independent Member of Parliament for East Worthing and Shoreham. I am a husband, father and teacher who lives in the constituency and am passionate about championing public services, infrastructure and the needs of the people of East Worthing and Shoreham.
Vote Lutwyche on June 8th
#VoteLutters

Link To My Manifesto:

My Manifesto

FROM East Worthing & Shoreham, FOR East Worthing & Shoreham -          A FAIR DEAL FOR OUR CHILDREN’S EDUCATION -        ...

Wednesday 17 May 2017

My Thoughts On: Brexit



My campaign is based around the needs of East Worthing and Shoreham but I have been asked about Brexit and ultimately the deal struck will affect the constituency.

Nailing my colours to the mast immediately, I voted to remain in the EU but Brexit was the preferred option for the majority so we must aim for the best deal we can get.

I’m not sure that Theresa May’s aggressive tactics regarding negotiations are helpful; they got Greece absolutely nowhere and the other EU countries are a lot bigger and more powerful than the UK, whether we like it or not. “Negotiation” is the key word here.

We’d be naïve to think that we can have all the benefits of being in the EU (free movement of our own people for example) without paying any membership, but I’ve no doubt a workable deal is achievable.

However, once a deal has been struck, the general public should decide whether that deal is a good one, so give them that choice again. The campaign to leave was based around a hypothetical “life after Brexit” vision dreamt up by members of the leave campaign alone, not facts as they weren’t available at the time and won’t be until Mrs May has struck her deal.

If the majority still vote to leave then fair enough.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Andy.well done for standing. I might vote for you and your statement makes it more likely. At the moment I know who I am not voting for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Woody,
      Thank you for your support - it is very much appreciated.
      Andy

      Delete