Welcome

I am attempting to be the first independent Member of Parliament for East Worthing and Shoreham. I am a husband, father and teacher who lives in the constituency and am passionate about championing public services, infrastructure and the needs of the people of East Worthing and Shoreham.
Vote Lutwyche on June 8th
#VoteLutters

Link To My Manifesto:

My Manifesto

FROM East Worthing & Shoreham, FOR East Worthing & Shoreham -          A FAIR DEAL FOR OUR CHILDREN’S EDUCATION -        ...

Tuesday 2 May 2017

Why I Have Decided To Stand As An Independent Candidate In East Worthing And Shoreham



For my entire voting life, bar three years attending university in London and one year working in Crawley, I have lived in the constituency of East Worthing and Shoreham (and its previous incarnations). Over the 20 years that the constituency has existed it has elected a Conservative MP with a reasonable majority, and that MP has been Tim Loughton.

Stopping short of stating exactly who I’ve placed a cross against in general elections, let’s just say that I’m not totally convinced my views and interests as a resident of East Worthing and Shoreham have been represented in Westminster; although I’m not convinced it would be much different had the colour of the rosette of the successful candidate been a different one during that time.

The version of democracy we have in the UK means that people vote for a constituency candidate who best represents their interests in Westminster. Despite the messages coming out from the Conservative election machine, the only people who can vote for Theresa May are those registered to vote in Maidenhead; therefore the people of East Worthing and Shoreham must vote for a candidate who looks after and shares their interests and not one who prioritises the interests of his or her political party. I don’t know about you but I want my Member of Parliament to be a resident of the constituency, and therefore more likely to have the best interests of the constituency at heart, experiencing the same day-to-day issues that those who vote for (and don’t vote for) them experience.

I am tired of half-truths from politicians of all parties, editing out the uncomfortable consequences of policy to suit the party’s message; check out recent policy announcements on the NHS and school funding to see that what the parties state and the reality rarely meet.

I am tired of manipulated data from politicians of all parties, skewing the findings to fit a desired political message. As a mathematics teacher, this is very frustrating, not to mention insulting.

I am tired of sitting in a traffic jam after every working day, wondering why investment in the infrastructure of the constituency is so meekly requested by its representatives in Westminster.

My aim during this campaign is to keep all the candidates honest. I would like to represent the overall interests of the people of East Worthing and Shoreham, rather than represent the policies of a national political party who happen to have had their candidate gain a majority in the previous general election.

No comments:

Post a Comment