Welcome

I am attempting to be the first independent Member of Parliament for East Worthing and Shoreham. I am a husband, father and teacher who lives in the constituency and am passionate about championing public services, infrastructure and the needs of the people of East Worthing and Shoreham.
Vote Lutwyche on June 8th
#VoteLutters

Link To My Manifesto:

My Manifesto

FROM East Worthing & Shoreham, FOR East Worthing & Shoreham -          A FAIR DEAL FOR OUR CHILDREN’S EDUCATION -        ...

Tuesday 9 May 2017

The Election Process - Part 2



The deposit has been paid and the paperwork accepted this afternoon at the town hall. It was quite an easy process in truth, or easier than I imagined it would be especially after the difficulty getting the forms themselves.

Beyond paying the £500, that I receive back when I achieve 5% of the turnout, the staff sorted it all for me.

If you are ever thinking of standing for election I would give the following bits of advice:
  • Get the paperwork from the electoral commission as quickly as you can – they take a while to reply but they are helpful when they do.
  • Get the signatures from people in the constituency for which you wish to stand; they don’t have to vote for you, but I’d suggest that if that were the case then think carefully about whether you want to stand.
  • It wasn’t clear to me whether I would have to find my signatories’ electoral numbers, but you don’t; the town hall do that for you.
  •  Take a bank card or cash with you as you must pay the deposit there and then, before receiving your “Notice as to Validity of Nomination” letter.
I am looking forward to the run up to June 8th, although there’s plenty to do between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment