Welcome

I am attempting to be the first independent Member of Parliament for East Worthing and Shoreham. I am a husband, father and teacher who lives in the constituency and am passionate about championing public services, infrastructure and the needs of the people of East Worthing and Shoreham.
Vote Lutwyche on June 8th
#VoteLutters

Link To My Manifesto:

My Manifesto

FROM East Worthing & Shoreham, FOR East Worthing & Shoreham -          A FAIR DEAL FOR OUR CHILDREN’S EDUCATION -        ...

Monday 22 May 2017

The Election Process - Part 3



Since I had my nomination accepted it has been pretty “full on”. I have had press interviews with questions that I need to have a coherent answer for immediately. I would like to think I have handled myself reasonably well, but that’s not for me to decide.

Society has got to a stage where it is acceptable to speak one’s mind without considering the consequences; whilst this seems a good idea initially, this has a detrimental effect on too many people to make it truly acceptable. 

It also seems that a section of society deems you “fair game” if you decide to have a public or political persona. A thick skin is a must with attitudes like this in existence, and as one interviewer said, “that’s par for the course in this game”. 

It might be at the moment but does it have to be? Those who go into politics should go in to it to make their constituency a better place and should be judged on their ability to do so. However, we are in a situation where politics is dominated by careerists who have the thickest skin, the most ambitious plans and the largest budget.

I have spent every evening designing posters and other materials to promote my campaign, each of which must contain my constituency headquarters’ address and the details of the company who have printed them.

I’ve just got to work out how to get them delivered now; there is access to a free mail drop from Royal Mail, but with limited time I’m not sure how easy this will be; a fresh pair of trainers and a packed lunch will be the order of the day.

Saying that I have had many offers from supporters to help deliver leaflets which is fantastic!

Hustings start tomorrow; I shall update on that experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment